9:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m., Bank of Southside VA, 115 Main Street, Smithfield
Just what is a Vintage Market, you may ask? Is it an antique show, a flea market, crafts show, festival? Well, yes and no! It’s all, none and more than these.
A Vintage Market may in fact feature antiques and gently-used items, but you will also find re-purposed items, hand-made crafts, delicious food, and great music – all adding to the festival-like atmosphere.
But defining the market isn’t important. Smithfield’s Autumn Vintage Market is really all about treasure hunting! It’s about stumbling upon that one-of-kind item you didn’t even know you needed, that unique Christmas present that’s just right for that hard-to-buy-for person on your list, or claiming an item as yours that takes you right back to some wonderful memory of your childhood.
You just don’t know what you’ll end up taking home, but we guarantee that you’ll be delighted at the original art, antiques, clothing, jewelry, handmade treasures, home décor, outdoor furnishings, consumable goodies, seasonal plantings and a so much more that the 35+ vendors who are joining us have to offer.
The weather looks perfect for Saturday – a high of 55 degrees, clear and sunny! So come on out and enjoy the beautiful fall day, have some great food, listen to some music, and stroll through this treasure of a Market. Here’s a few helpful details:
- Please be sure to bring cash to market! Not all vendors take credit cards. There is an ATM on site (Bank of Southside Virginia), and an ATM at the Bank of America a block away.
- Breakfast and lunch items will be available from: Truly Scrumptious, offering European artisan breads and quality baked goods, coffee and hot chocolate from Rogue Elephant Coffee Roasting Company, Wood-fired pizza from the Hearth: Artisanal Wood-Fired Pizza Catering, delicious homemade food from Creekside Catering Co., and of course from our fabulous local restaurants.
- A free shuttle service will run continuously all day from the former Little’s Grocery Store (518 Main Street) from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Look for the I-Ride bus.
- Bringing your pet? There are lots more breakable items at the Vintage Market than the Farmers Market, so just remember – Fido breaks it, you buy it!
- Other parking suggestions if the lots next to the market are full (across the street and at Verizon): the Smithfield Center (220 N. Church Street), the empty lot across from the Library (255 James Street), along Hill Street (use 110 Hill Street on GPS), the Bank of America parking lot (303 West Main Street), and there will be a few handicap parking spaces available across the street from the market.
- Go to the Market’s Facebook page for a complete list of the featured vendors.
- If you purchase large items that can’t be carried easily to your vehicle, come back at 2 p.m. when the market closes to drive directly to your vendor’s tents for pickups.
- While you wait there are lots of great shops, historical sites, and restaurants to visit. Stop by our own excellent antique shops located downtown: Vintage Potential, Relics, Smithfield Firehouse 1939, Laura & Lucy’s, Wharf Hill, The Paisley Pig — along with our art galleries and quaint shops – all independently-owned and offering handcrafted and distinctive gift items.
For further information go to the Market’s Facebook Page (Smithfield Autumn Vintage Market) or call 757.357.5182.